Technically, acid reflux is also called gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD) or gastric reflux disease. But for most people, this condition is popularly known as heartburn, which causes so much pain and discomfort along with intense burning sensation. Fortunately, there are so many approaches for acid reflux quick relief and these are doable at your own shelter.
Actually, heartburn is just one of the symptoms of acid reflux. Other most common symptoms include difficulty in swallowing or expulsion of material from the mouth, pharynx, or esophagus, usually characterized by the presence of undigested food or blood; while nausea, chest pain and too much release of saliva are some of the less common indication of acid reflux. If these warnings are taken for granted, it could injure the esophagus, thus acid reflux quick relief right away in your home is very crucial. These are several ways as follows:
1. Apple cider vinegar will give a quick relief in several minutes. You can take in a teaspoon of it purely or mix two tablespoons of it with a glass of water.
2. Eat one or two spoonfuls of yogurt or a glass of milk because they contain calcium that neutralizes stomach acid. Also, their smooth texture will soothe the lining of your irritated esophagus.
3. A glass of lukewarm chamomile or lavender tea mixed with a simmered one teaspoon of licorice root powder is a very popular homemade remedy for acid reflux.
4. Another mixture would be one teaspoon of baking soda mixed with a glass of lukewarm water. The taste is not that good but it has been proven effective by many people.
5. Pickle juice tastes awful too but it could aid for achieving fast relief from acid reflux.
6. You could also try drinking the organic aloe vera juice several times per day.
7. A teaspoon or more of ketchup and mustard will also work.
8. Taking in a pure slender piece of celery before and after your meal could do the trick as well.
9. Raising the head of the bed or elevating the upper body with pillows while sleeping or lying down aids in giving comfort.
10. Avoid wearing tight clothes especially near the abdomen because it increases the pressure on it.
The intensity of acid reflux differs from one person to another. Thus, the approaches for acid reflux quick relief will also vary so you can always experiment and mix up different amounts of what you are going to take in.
Keep in mind also that you should be particular in choosing your type of food and activities because these could be a precursor to acid reflux. It is always much better to prevent the occurrence rather than dwelling on the treatment process.