Instead of buying the conventional over-the-counter medicines or prescription drugs, you may also consider several heartburn home cures for your relief.
These home remedies are proven to have exceptional healing properties, and are also regarded as safe because they have no side effects common in conventional prescription medicines. In case you are in need of an immediate treatment for your heartburn, look for any of the following in your kitchen:
1. Ginger – Eat a portion of ginger or boil it and drink it in as a tea. Ginger has been found to increase the digestive enzymes and increase the fitness of muscles in the digestive tract.
2. Almonds – The oil in almonds helps neutralize the acidity in the stomach. Eat at least 6 almonds to relieve the gas pains.
3. Apple cider vinegar – Combine with a little dash of baking soda and the effect is burping. This is highly effective especially in children.
4. Cold water - Drinking at least ten glasses of cold water in a day is the easiest heartburn home cure. This is a classic example of a worry-free solution.
5. Basil leaves – We normally use basil leaves as spices but this is also effective for indigestion. Chewing this will give a relief from burning sensation and gas.
6. Banana, cucumber, and watermelon – They combine well to counteract the acidity in the stomach.
7. Coconut water – Aside from being diuretic, this is also a good remedy for passing out gas and relieving gas pains. Consume at least 4 glasses a day to be effective. Besides, they are now readily available in grocery stores aside from wet markets.
You might like to store some of them in your home. It would be a good idea to have at least one or two of these home cures ready in case a member of the family may suddenly need it.
Nevertheless, lifestyle change is also needed in order to prevent the onset of your indigestion problems. In as much as heartburn is due to the weakening of your lower esophageal sphincter, avoid spicy foods, carbonated drinks, alcoholic beverages, fried foods, or lying down after eating.
These suggested natural remedies are not recommended to replace any medications that may have been prescribed by your doctor. You may have certain conditions that your doctor is aware of, hence he is in a better position to know the type of medication you need. Just the same, any measure of prevention is always better than any heartburn home cure.